Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stuff

I don't even know what to title this post ... lol!  It's going to be a conglomeration of many things   : )

First of all, I did not do any stitching yesterday.  It was just "one of those days."  However, the day before I decided to stitch the Pineberry Lane Joy freebie again but on a smaller count ... 32 instead of 28 ... still stitched with 1 strand of floss over 2.  I didn't purposely choose to do this.  If the truth be told, I initially cut a piece of 32 ct fabric for the project & then after zig-zagging the edges & sitting down to find my starting point I discovered I should've cut 28 ct fabric.  Since the 32 ct was already cut  & zig-zagged & the stitching for Joy goes so very quickly I decided to have at it.  I think I like it better with the higher count.  As you can see I still have to stain the pieces & then stitch on the snowflakes.  In the future when I stitch this pattern ... & I will ... I will choose a darker color of fabric, maybe something prestained.  I might even "go wild" & change some floss colors!  What a wild woman I am becoming   : )

As you can see I have changed my blog a bit.  Although I love winter & snow, it seemed to be very out of place now that the sun is shining brightly each day & the magnolia bush & daffodils are blooming in the yard.  I did not really want to use the photo of our house again but that's all I can come up with at this time.  Maybe when I get my new camera (hopefully soon ... I see the Joys above are rather blurry) I will put some photos of my stitchings or something else up there.

If I owe anyone an email, please bear with me.  As I was going through some downloads in my inbox this morning I noticed several emails that got "lost" in between them.  I will respond as soon as I can   : )

I should do more work on insurance stuff today (yes, it's started to pile up again) but I think that instead I will have John bring in the flea market boxes from the garage, take them upstairs, & sit up there going through them all.  Hopefully I will find many things not worth trying to sell which will mean less work for me on down the line.  Whatever I do find worth selling will be divided into two categories ... eBay & yard sale.  The eBay stuff will of course be listed on eBay.  If there's enough yard sale stuff I will make the 7 hour drive to Pittsburgh & leave it with my aunt who loves doing yard sales.  It will be nice to see her again anyway & also nice to take a little trip out of town for a day or two.  If there isn't enough stuff then I will drop it off at the local Goodwill.    

15 comments:

Melody said...

What a pretty house you have. I like your Joy freebie. Very cute.

Vickie said...

Well Shirlee, you are still getting organized, that's great. You keep going! :) I like the picture of your home up there. It's so nice. :)

Michelle said...

Its wonderful having a sort out - well done. Love your finishes xx

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love your new finishes!
I wish I had the energy to go through the hundreds of boxes in my basement! I just keep putting it off, but it must be done!
Enjoy your day!

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Karen said...

Both "Joys" look great... good luck with your "sorting"!

happy stitching...

Carol said...

I just love that long driveway to your home, Shirlee. I know you're hoping to move, but it really looks like a beautiful place!

Cute little Joy finishes :)

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

Your home and property is beautiful!!

Ronda said...

Love your stitching!..your house and property is beautiful!..have a great day.
~Ronda

Trace4J said...

Beautiful Stitches!
Happy sorting.
Hugs to you Friend!
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Anonymous said...

I'm imagining a yard sale in the place I live at!!!! The stuff would be appreciated by people with quick hans and my box of money would still be empty be the end of the day! :-) That is not a thing we have here in Portugal. There are some flea markets and the one called "Feira da Ladra" (Stealing Market) is a success.
Hope all goes well with the sorting!
Hugs

Heidi said...

Love the Joy freebie and have not seen that. I meant to comment on your hermit stitching but have not gotten around to it yet. Too much stitching and quilting going on at my house. :-) I love your Christmas in Coming and have also not seen that design. I need to start looking around more online but then am so scared I will be too tempted to buy more stash instead of using what I have...lol.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi...a fellow hermit

TheCrankyCrow said...

You kept tempting me with that Joy piece. I really like that one - lots. (Is that Stacy Nash?? I was thinking it was Pineberry Lane).... You might have to get that selling blog or Etsy store up sooner rather than later! Hope the sorting is going along well. I think it would be bunches of fun to help you. ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Nicola said...

I like your house photo, it is welcoming and draws you along the drive up to the house.

Sally said...

I love your house. It's the sort of house I'd love to in.

Your Joy finishes are so sweet :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the post title - when I ask my son what he did at school he always says "stuff and things"!

We have car-boot sales here rather than yard sales. You fill your carboot with stuff (and things) and drive to a field at early o clock in the morning with a couple of hundred other lunatics. All the best stuff is grabbed by semi-pros who resell on Ebay at 10times what they gave you and your kids spend more on other people's tat than you make.
Or you do what I do and heave another box into the loft!