Monday, February 17, 2014

Do You Hook Rugs?

If you hook rugs, I have a proposition for you.

Once upon a time, I made braided rugs using wool strips evenly & precisely cut somewhere between 2-2.5" wide (I'd have to go measure & to do so now would wake DH) across the width of the fabric.  I am sure that I will never again make braided rugs, so what to do with the strips?  I am guessing that a hooker can run them through a strip cutter ...
... in order to cut them down to hooking size. The strips are clean & free of any odors (DH & I are not smokers).  They have also never come in contact with Sophie ...
... so you needn't worry about cat hair   : )

I have 4 humongous Rubbermaid containers filled with these wool strips in a large variety of colors.  The exact number of strips is unknown to me, but as you can see, there are a lot.  I apologize for the less than enticing photo.  It was taken last week when I decided to de-clutter the guest room & wanted some "before" photos.    
My proposition is this:  if you are a hooker & would like to have these strips, I will gladly send them to you in exchange for (A) dollars (make me an offer), or (B) handmade items crafted by your own talented hands.  This offer is only open to folks living in the continental US due to the cost of shipping which I know will be quite horrific.  I have considered putting them in groups to sell on eBay or in my Etsy shop, but I just don't want the hassle of doing that. 

If you are interested in the strips, please contact me via email.  Needless to say, the Rubbermaid containers are not part of the deal   : )      

13 comments:

Krista said...

What a generous offer Shirlee! I do not hook rugs but I am sure someone who does will love all this! Have a great week!

Kim said...

I'm sure will get lots of offers. Good luck and great idea to trade too.

Vickie said...

I hope you find a satisfactory deal with Shirlee. I am proud of you!! Destashing and decluttering. Whoo hoo!

P.J. said...

A super generous offering. Always uplifting to declutter. I've been decluttering on one hand to make room for stash. :)

jennifer768 said...

Wow! What a wonderful treasure trove of wool strips! Good to hear from you,guess you are in the spring cleaning mode.LOL! Big hugs,Jen

Maggee said...

I would love to see any of the hooking projects you made in the past! I followed some blogs about rug hooking, but the wool is pretty expensive and I can't take that on... But I have gotten some small squares of wool for little backings and appliques... Hugs!

butterfly said...

Well done my friend I should be doing the same hugs.

Simply Victoria said...

Wow! You are making great progress cleaning out! Hope your strips find a happy home.

Sherry said...

What a great offer. If I did rugs I would be in the line up to get them! Someone will be very happy.

Annette-California said...

Good for you decluttering! I would think someone will be thrilled with all the wools. Hope you have a good offer. love Annette

Julie said...

I hope you can do a swap with someone.

Myra said...

Such a generous offer Shirlee. I am sure you will get lots of interest.

Michelle said...

A kind offer Shirlee x